We're currently looking for:
Reports To: Director
This position is within the Engineering Department at SRI and as such
the main responsibilities are related to performing all
necessary engineering tasks related to Design and Development of new or
modified electronic equipment and systems related to SRI product line
as a whole. Specific
SRI product functions of interest associated with this
position provide modulation/demodulation, coding/decoding, and general
digital signal processing and communications functions. The position may
also require providing skilled engineering support as needed for manufacturing,
production and repairs of new or existing SRI products.
The following list provides a sample of tasks typically performed
by individual in this position. These tasks relate to new Engineering
Development efforts as well as supporting existing SRI
- Specifications and Requirements Evaluations.
- Propose solutions and design approaches to meet the requirements
and design goals.
- Component research, including specifications, design applicability,
price & availability.
- Time, material, cost and schedule estimations for assigned projects.
- Systems design analysis and performance budget calculations.
- Circuit design cost / power / performance / size analysis and trade-offs.
- Generate design documentation such as block diagrams, schematics,
assembly drawings, bill of materials, fabrication detail drawings,
cable diagrams, etc.
- Provide inputs for customer documentation, including O&M Manuals
and Test Procedures & Reports
- Oversight of PC Board layout and generation.
- PLD & FPGA firmware development.
- Test, debug and data collection for the equipment under development.
- Suggest assembly procedures and test fixtures for ease of manufacturing & testing
- Equipment setup for PCB/Equipment test and debug.
- Generate “Corrective Action Reports (CAR)” for equipment
and documentation as needed.
- Assist with debug, repair and retest of equipment returned from
customers for repairs.
- Provide technical sales support.
- Provide customer technical support, via phone or on-site, upon Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of electronics engineering principles
and theories as it applies to both Analog and Digital
circuitry typically incorporated in SRI products.
- Sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, equipment & practices
related to the general electronic equipment Design and
- Detailed knowledge of engineering CAD tools (OrCad
Schematic Capture, etc) as well as other Analysis and
- Detailed knowledge of Programmable Logic development
tools for PLDs and FPGA’s (Xilinx based tools).
- Knowledge of HDL such as Verilog and VHDL for PLD & FPGA
- Working knowledge of software and firmware principles
- Proficiency in the use of engineering test equipment
such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal/Function
Generators, Emulators, PROM Programmers, etc…
- Skill to understand & work from drawings, schematics
and verbal/written instructions. Computer generated
or manually generated.
- Skill to understand 3rd party components and manufactured
- Able to correlate collected test data, recognize discrepancies
and suggest corrective actions.
- Able to follow written as well as oral instructions.
- Able to maintain detailed design records for documentation
purposes as well as generate test procedures and test
reports. Follow procedures and guidelines established
for documents and equipment configurations.
- Able to provide sound engineering judgments when encountered
with conflicting and/or unconventional design requirements.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Able to coordinate and maintain priorities and schedules
of multiple task assignments.
- Able to work individually as well as in a development
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to coordinate and monitor activities of other
team members such as Junior Engineers, Technicians, Assemblers,
Interns as well as others providing technical and administrative
support to active projects.
- Able to recognize areas of company sensitive technology
and provide for the protection of said technology from
disclosure to outside competitors.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or
related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience
in Design, Development and Fabrication of Digital circuitry.
- Additional experience directly applicable to the position
may be substituted, upon SRI approval, for the Bachelor’s
- Technical training and experience with the following
areas of technology:
- High speed digital logic design, including FPGA, DSP,
and general purpose discrete digital logic, as well as
analog to digital and digital to analog transitions interfaces.
- HDL Programming of communications algorithms, including
high speed/parallel processing of modulation/demodulation,
coding/decoding, filtering, and general signal processing.
- User I/O Interfaces including Ethernet, typical interface
busses (PCI, VME, …), and general purpose serial
and parallel I/O.
This description is intended to provide guidelines
for requirements, duties and responsibilities for the
above mentioned position. The nature of SRI business,
products and customers will often generate situation
and requirements that are not defined in this description. Person(s)
functioning in this position and having the experience,
knowledge and skills should be able to adapt to changing
situations demanded by unforeseen requirements.
For additional information or to apply for this position:
Call us at (321) 254-2580 or contact
us here. You may also email
your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for looking, and we hope to hear from you soon!